24 Hours in East London
East London is a popular tourist and holiday destination with its sub-tropical climate and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. The town lies at the northern end of the Sunshine Coast, a 300 kilometer stretch of coastline. The Sunshine Coast is known for its unpolluted and un-crowded beaches, making it even more appealing for surfers, swimmers and sun worshippers.
East London is a holiday destination for the whole family, whether you are stopping here for your entire holiday or just stopping over en route to your holiday destination. East London is one of the most appealing cities on the coast, and with all the activities it has in store, you will most probably stop over on your way back home again, as 24 hours in East London is way too little time!
Activities in East London include:
- National History Museum, home to the only dodo egg in existence
- Sand boarding on Bonza Bay’s massive sand dunes
- A visit to the Lion Park
- The Aquarium
- Queens Park Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Water sports such as swimming, sailing, water skiing, boardsailing and boating
- Go see a movie, go to the theatre
- Dine in a selection of fine restaurants
- End the evening with a game of Black Jack at the Bisho’s Casino
So don’t let the long road break your spirit this holiday season, stopover at East London!
Sunshine Coast, Accommodation
- Quarry Lake Inn
- Bunkers Inn
- Devereux Lodge and Villas
- Tu Casa B&B
- Jemima's Hospitality: Bunker on Bailie
- Hampton Court Guest Lodge
- Harewood Lodge
- Jolada's Self Catering & B&B Accommodation